Hunter Dozier (chest) expected to need a rehab stint before returning to Royals
Kansas City Royals third baseman Hunter Dozier (chest) is expected to need a short rehab stint before returning to the big league roster.
Dozier is expected to start taking batting practice within a day or two but will need to play a couple of games in the minors before returning to action. Dozier has been out since experiencing chest soreness on May 30.
Dozier was having a breakout season, slashing .314/.398/.589 with 11 homers in 216 plate appearances before the injury.
- Cardinals' Jordan Hicks (triceps) undergoing MRI Monday June 24th, 2019
- Cubs' Adbert Alzolay to make first start Monday June 24th, 2019
- Baltimore's John Means (shoulder) will throw on Monday June 23rd, 2019
- Milwaukee's Brandon Woodruff records his seventh quality start in Sunday's win over the Reds June 23rd, 2019
- Houston's Yordan Alvarez continues his power streak on Sunday June 23rd, 2019
- Boston's Brock Holt (hamstring) day-to-day after leaving Sunday's game against Toronto June 23rd, 2019
- Martin Maldonado starting on Sunday for Royals June 23rd, 2019
- Cam Gallagher sitting on Sunday for Royals June 23rd, 2019
- Billy Hamilton in Royals' Sunday lineup June 23rd, 2019
- Lucas Duda sitting on Sunday for Royals June 23rd, 2019
- Royals' Cheslor Cuthbert homers and drives in four on Friday June 22nd, 2019
- Alex Gordon back in the Royals' lineup Saturday June 22nd, 2019