Jets sign quarterback Josh McCown to a one-year deal
The New York Jets signed quarterback Josh McCown, formerly of the Cleveland Browns, to a one-year, $6-million contract.
McCown now becomes the front-runner to start for the Jets in 2017. The 36-year-old has struggled to consistently stay on the field, but he should be a decent stopgap option in New York for the games he's available. McCown will be a good mentor for Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, as well as any quarterback the Jets may select in the upcoming draft.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Raiders' Amari Cooper (ankle) ruled out for Week 15 December 15th, 2017
- Steelers' Smith-Schuster (hamstring) questionable to face Patriots December 15th, 2017
- Seattle's Mike Davis (ribs) not listed on final injury report for Week 15 December 15th, 2017
- Rams' Robert Woods (shoulder) to return Sunday against Seahawks December 15th, 2017
- Dolphins' Damien Williams (shoulder) doubtful to play against Buffalo December 15th, 2017
- Saints' Alvin Kamara clears concussion protocol ahead of Week 15 December 15th, 2017
- Jets' Matt Forte (knee) listed questionable for Week 15 December 15th, 2017
- Jets' Matt Forte (knee) back at practice Thursday December 14th, 2017
- Jets place Jeremy Kerley on roster exemption list December 13th, 2017
- Elijah McGuire (ankle) did not practice Wednesday for Jets December 13th, 2017
- Jets place Josh McCown (hand) on IR December 12th, 2017
- Bryce Petty taking over as Jets' starter following Josh McCown's (hand) season-ending injury December 11th, 2017