Jets sign quarterback Josh McCown to a one-year deal
The New York Jets signed quarterback Josh McCown, formerly of the Cleveland Browns, to a one-year, $6-million contract.
McCown now becomes the front-runner to start for the Jets in 2017. The 36-year-old has struggled to consistently stay on the field, but he should be a decent stopgap option in New York for the games he's available. McCown will be a good mentor for Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, as well as any quarterback the Jets may select in the upcoming draft.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Luke Kuechly (concussion) not practicing Tuesday for Panthers October 17th, 2017
- Buccaneers say Jameis Winston won't throw until later in the week October 17th, 2017
- Delanie Walker unable to find end zone again for Titans in Week 6 October 17th, 2017
- Rishard Matthews goes for 69 receiving yards in Titans' win October 17th, 2017
- Donte Moncrief turns in season-highs for Colts in Week 6 October 17th, 2017
- Redskins want to expand Josh Doctson's role October 17th, 2017
- Robby Anderson sees 12 targets in Jets' Week 6 loss October 16th, 2017
- Jermaine Kearse goes for 79 yards as Jets fall in Week 6 October 16th, 2017
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins finds the end zone in Jets' loss October 15th, 2017
- Josh McCown throws for 354 yards in Jets' loss to the Patriots October 15th, 2017
- Bilal Powell (calf) officially out for Jets on Sunday October 15th, 2017
- Bilal Powell (calf) will miss Week 6 for Jets October 15th, 2017