Jets sign quarterback Josh McCown to a one-year deal
The New York Jets signed quarterback Josh McCown, formerly of the Cleveland Browns, to a one-year, $6-million contract.
McCown now becomes the front-runner to start for the Jets in 2017. The 36-year-old has struggled to consistently stay on the field, but he should be a decent stopgap option in New York for the games he's available. McCown will be a good mentor for Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, as well as any quarterback the Jets may select in the upcoming draft.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Samaje Perine back on Washington coaches' good side August 19th, 2017
- Lions' Ameer Abdullah a candidate for 1,000 yards in 2017 August 19th, 2017
- T.J. Yeldon suffers hamstring injury in Jaguars' second preseason game August 19th, 2017
- Dalvin Cook hoards first-team touches for Vikings August 19th, 2017
- Blake Bortles not out as Jaguars' starter, but competition is wide open August 19th, 2017
- Chris Carson outshines Eddie Lacy in Seahawks' second preseason game August 19th, 2017
- Bilal Powell (neck) will play in Jets' preseason game on Saturday August 18th, 2017
- Jets' Quincy Enunwa (neck) to undergo surgery next week August 17th, 2017
- Matt Forte (hamstring) will sit out the Jets' preseason game on Saturday August 17th, 2017
- Bilal Powell (neck) will not play in Jets' preseason opener August 10th, 2017
- Jets trying to build Christian Hackenberg's confidence August 10th, 2017
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins looks like Jets' best offensive weapon August 9th, 2017