Jets sign quarterback Josh McCown to a one-year deal
The New York Jets signed quarterback Josh McCown, formerly of the Cleveland Browns, to a one-year, $6-million contract.
McCown now becomes the front-runner to start for the Jets in 2017. The 36-year-old has struggled to consistently stay on the field, but he should be a decent stopgap option in New York for the games he's available. McCown will be a good mentor for Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg, as well as any quarterback the Jets may select in the upcoming draft.
The Jets finished 26th in schedule-adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play last season. Among the 39 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs, McCown was 31st in Passing NEP per drop back.
- Patriots would prefer to keep Malcolm Butler March 27th, 2017
- Tony Romo's options are either Texans or retirement March 27th, 2017
- Jaguars unlikely to pick up Blake Bortles's fifth-year option March 26th, 2017
- Washington signs Brian Quick to one-year contract March 24th, 2017
- Jonathan Stewart extends with Panthers through 2018 March 24th, 2017
- Mark Sanchez will back up Mike Glennon in Chicago March 23rd, 2017
- Browns haven't given up on Patriots' Jimmy Garoppolo March 27th, 2017
- Browns will release or trade Josh Gordon if reinstated March 26th, 2017
- Cleveland no longer expected to make play for Washington's Kirk Cousins March 14th, 2017
- Browns may be shifting sights to Washington's Kirk Cousins March 14th, 2017
- Browns not interested in Geno Smith March 14th, 2017
- Geno Smith drawing interest from Chargers, Browns March 14th, 2017