Steelers say Le'Veon Bell will not be tagged
Pittsburgh Steelers impending free agent running back Le'Veon Bell will not receive the franchise or transition tag, general manager Kevin Colbert said.
"Le’Veon will be an unrestricted free agent at the start of the new league year," Colbert stated. James Conner and Jaylen Samuels will likely handle the bulk of backfield work for the Steelers in 2019. Bell turned 27 on Monday.
Bell totaled 1,946 yards and 11 touchdowns in his last active season.
- Blake Bortles inks a one-year deal with Los Angeles Rams March 18th, 2019
- Bengals reportedly part with Vontaze Burfict March 18th, 2019
- Haloti Ngata announces retirement after 13 seasons March 18th, 2019
- Ryan Fitzpatrick reportedly signs a two-year deal with the Dolphins on Sunday March 17th, 2019
- Raiders release Donald Penn on Saturday March 16th, 2019
- Bengals re-sign Tyler Eifert to a one-year deal on Saturday March 16th, 2019
- Steelers sign Donte Moncrief to 2-year contract March 14th, 2019
- Raiders acquire Antonio Brown from Pittsburgh for 3rd and 5th-rounders March 10th, 2019
- Report: Antonio Brown refuses to go to Buffalo in Steelers trade March 8th, 2019
- Steelers reportedly setting Friday deadline for Antonio Brown offers March 7th, 2019
- Antonio Brown will only be traded if Steelers benefit February 20th, 2019
- Steelers say Le'Veon Bell will not be tagged February 20th, 2019