Wojnarowski: Hornets trade Dwight Howard to Nets for Timofey Mozgov and two second round picks
The Charlotte Hornets have traded center Dwight Howard to the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for center Timofey Mozgov and two second round picks, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Howard is entering the final year of his contract worth $23.8 million dollars, and with Mozgov's bloated contract, the Nets will end up saving $17 million in cap space for the summer fo 2019. This potentially gives them the ability to sign two max contracts next summer. For Howard it's another stop on his career-ending tour of the league, but he should get plenty of opportunity in Brooklyn if he stays there the whole year. However, the trade could stunt the growth of Jarrett Allen for the Nets. For the Hornets it should open up some more playing time for Cody Zeller and Frank Kaminsky at center.
Howard had another productive year for the Hornets in 2017-18. He averaged 16.6 points, 12.5 rebounds, 1.3 assists, and 1.6 blocks over 30.4 minutes per game. He owned a 55.6 effective field goal percentage, and his nERD of 3.6 ranked him 51st in our rankings.
- Magic trade Rodney Purvis to Thunder July 20th, 2018
- Thunder trade Dakari Johnson to the Magic July 20th, 2018
- Yogi Ferrell agrees to a two-year, $6.2 million deal with Kings July 20th, 2018
- Michael Beasley agrees to a one-year deal with the Lakers July 20th, 2018
- Suns reportedly receive Richaun Holmes from Sixers July 20th, 2018
- 76ers sign 2017 pick Jonah Bolden to 4-year deal July 20th, 2018
- Former Spurs guard Tony Parker to sign with the Hornets July 6th, 2018
- Dwight Howard to sign with Wizards after finalizing buyout with Nets July 3rd, 2018
- Hornets move back a pick, snag Miles Bridges with 12th pick June 21st, 2018
- Charlotte Hornets select Shai Gilgeous-Alexander with the 11th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft June 21st, 2018
- Wojnarowski: Hornets trade Dwight Howard to Nets for Timofey Mozgov and two second round picks June 20th, 2018
- Hornets reportedly tab Spurs assistant James Borrego for head coaching job May 8th, 2018