Wojnarowski: Hornets trade Dwight Howard to Nets for Timofey Mozgov and two second round picks
The Charlotte Hornets have traded center Dwight Howard to the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for center Timofey Mozgov and two second round picks, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Howard is entering the final year of his contract worth $23.8 million dollars, and with Mozgov's bloated contract, the Nets will end up saving $17 million in cap space for the summer fo 2019. This potentially gives them the ability to sign two max contracts next summer. For Howard it's another stop on his career-ending tour of the league, but he should get plenty of opportunity in Brooklyn if he stays there the whole year. However, the trade could stunt the growth of Jarrett Allen for the Nets. For the Hornets it should open up some more playing time for Cody Zeller and Frank Kaminsky at center.
Howard had another productive year for the Hornets in 2017-18. He averaged 16.6 points, 12.5 rebounds, 1.3 assists, and 1.6 blocks over 30.4 minutes per game. He owned a 55.6 effective field goal percentage, and his nERD of 3.6 ranked him 51st in our rankings.
- Ersan Ilyasova heads back to Bucks' bench Wednesday December 12th, 2018
- Larry Nance Jr. replaces Tristan Thompson in Cavaliers' starting lineup Wednesday December 12th, 2018
- Mike Conley (hamstring) will play Wednesday for Memphis December 12th, 2018
- Jon Leuer will return to a reserve role for Detroit Wednesday December 12th, 2018
- Pistons' Stanley Johnson (knee) available to play on Wednesday December 12th, 2018
- Tyreke Evans heads back to the Pacers' bench Wednesday December 12th, 2018
- Austin Rivers will come off the Wizards' bench Wendesday December 12th, 2018
- Washington's Jeff Green starting in place of Otto Porter on Wednesday December 12th, 2018
- Wizards' Otto Porter (knee) ruled out on Wednesday December 12th, 2018
- Otto Porter (knee) a game-time decision for Wizards Wednesday December 12th, 2018
- Wizards' John Wall (heel) will play against Boston on Wednesday December 12th, 2018
- John Wall (heel) probable for Wizards versus Celtics December 11th, 2018