Kyrie Irving (personal) unavailable for Celtics Friday
Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving (personal) will not play against the Utah Jazz on Friday.
Irving has been excused from the team in Utah to attend his grandfather's memorial. He scored a season-high 39 points on Thursday and appears to be hitting his groove after a slow start. Terry Rozier is a probable candidate to fill the void in the first unit. Irving will likely join the team for Saturday's matchup in Portland versus the Trail Blazers.
Kyrie is averaging 38.3 FanDuel points through 11 games this season. numberFire's models project him for 23.9 points, 3.5 rebounds, 5.0 assists, 1.1 steals, and 2.6 3-pointers per game over the rest of the year.
- Pelicans' Nikola Mirotic makes an early exit Wednesday with a calf strain January 23rd, 2019
- Royce O'Neale playing off Utah's bench on Wednesday January 23rd, 2019
- Malik Beasley will come off the Denver bench versus Utah January 23rd, 2019
- Gary Harris back in the Nuggets' starting lineup Wednesday January 23rd, 2019
- Jazz starting Ricky Rubio at point guard on Wednesday January 23rd, 2019
- Denver's Juan Hernangomez (abdominal) available on Wednesday January 23rd, 2019
- Aron Baynes draws start for Celtics versus Cavaliers in place of Al Horford (rest) January 23rd, 2019
- Orlando's Aaron Gordon (back) starting against Brooklyn on Wednesday January 23rd, 2019
- Celtics starting Terry Rozier for inactive Kyrie Irving on Wednesday January 23rd, 2019
- Kyrie Irving (illness) will not play for Celtics Wednesday versus Cavaliers January 23rd, 2019
- Al Horford to rest for Celtics on Wednesday January 22nd, 2019
- Kyrie Irving scores 26 with career-high 8 steals in Celtics' win January 22nd, 2019