Carl Hagelin posts three points as Ducks win
Anaheim Ducks forward Carl Hagelin, who was benched for all but 5:31 of Friday's game and didn't receive a single shift in the third period, scored a goal and added a pair of assists in the Ducks' 4-1 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes Monday night.
Andrew Cogliano also had two assists, giving him five on the season. Ryan Getzlaf tallied a goal (his first) into the empty net and picked up his sixth assist. Sami Vatanen (fourth) and Shawn Horcoff (third) also scored for the Ducks, who improved their record to 6-8-4.
After conceding that the benching "stings," Hagelin was on the ice for 14:28 in this one and finished with a plus-2. Hagelin's goal was his second of the season. He now has three assists. We project Hagelin to put up 11 goals and 13 assists over the final 65 games.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Capitals' Braden Holtby starting in goal against New Jersey October 13th, 2017
- Braden Holtby starting in goal for Washington on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Caps' Philipp Grubauer will be handle goalie duties versus Lightning October 9th, 2017
- Capitals starting Braden Holtby in goal on Thursday October 5th, 2017