Ryan Murray will be scratched Friday night for the Blue Jackets
Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Ryan Murray will spend Friday's game in the press box.
With a minus four rating in his last two games, it's possible the 22 year-old Murray is being benched as a sign to pickup his play. The Blue Jackets play the Pittsburgh Penguins Friday night, followed by the Arizona Coyotes on Saturday.
This will be the first game of the season missed for Murray, who has 12 points (5 goals, 7 assists) in 16 games played. This is the second most points among defensemen on the Blue Jackets. We project Murray to score another 6 goals and tally 14 more assists over the remaining course of the season, pending his benching isn't long-term.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Blue Jackets' Sergei Bobrovsky will start in goal on Friday October 13th, 2017
- Sergei Bobrovsky is starting for the Blue Jackets on Friday October 6th, 2017
- Columbus looking to Sergei Bobrovsky to keep their season alive April 20th, 2017
- Blue Jackets make Scott Hartnell a healthy scratch for Game 4 April 18th, 2017
- Joonas Korpisalo is manning the crease for Columbus on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Joonas Korpisalo named the starter Thursday for Columbus April 6th, 2017