Stars' Jason Demers handed a two-game suspension
Dallas Stars defenseman Jason Demers has been suspended for two games for elbowing Nick Bonino in the face.
The NHL felt Demers' elbowing was worthy of supplemental discipline because of the "reckless nature in which it was executed and the force with which it was delivered." Demers had no prior history of fines or suspension, and Bonino appears to have escaped without a significant injury. Demers will be eligible to return on October 29.
We project Demers to post five goals and 19 assists the rest of the way. He had 4 goals and 17 assists last year and has never scored more than five goals in a season.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Antti Raanta starting between the pipes for the Coyotes on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Antti Raanta will start for Coyotes in Las Vegas on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Coyotes' Louis Domingue gets the start on the road against Anaheim October 5th, 2017
- Arizona putting Louis Domingue in goal versus the Canucks April 6th, 2017
- Coyotes giving Mike Smith a road start in Dallas April 4th, 2017
- Louis Domingue will be in net as Arizona hosts Washington March 31st, 2017