Red Wings' Johan Franzen has concussion symptoms again
Detroit Red Wings winger Johan Franzen is once again experiencing concussion symptoms.
Detroit has moved Franzen to the injured reserve list as a result. This is terrible news as Franzen has been plagued by concussion issues in recent years. We don't know how much time he'll miss due to this recurrence of symptoms, but at the age of 35 it's unfortunately not outside of the realm of possibilities that these problems will cut his career short.
We had Franzen projected for 14 goals and 24 assists this season, but those numbers will have to be refigured. Franzen was only able to play in 33 games last year, recording 7 goals and 15 helpers.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Red Wings starting Petr Mrazek against Vegas on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Petr Mrazek will defend Red Wings' net against Stars October 10th, 2017
- Jimmy Howard starting at home for the Red Wings on Thursday October 5th, 2017
- Jimmy Howard donning the pads for Detroit on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Jimmy Howard will be in net as the Red Wings take on the Senators April 4th, 2017
- Petr Mrazek donning the pads on Monday for Detroit April 3rd, 2017