Sabres' Brian Gionta (lower body) ready to return Thursday
Buffalo Sabres winger Brian Gionta (lower body) will make his season debut on Thursday.
Gionta missed Buffalo's first three games due to the injury. He'll play alongside Evander Kane and Jack Eichel, which is a big opportunity after he was held to just 35 points last season. Eichel and Kane had played with a variety of right wingers over Gionta's three-game absence, but the hope is Gionta will provide some stability.
Gionta's 35 points in 69 games was third on the Sabres last year, which speaks to Buffalo's struggles in a 23-win season. Our projections see a boost for him this year, likely as a result of Eichel's injection into the squad. We project him to score 15 goals and dish out 25 assists.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron (foot) out at least 2 weeks February 27th, 2018
- Bruins' Brad Marchand (undisclosed) won't play in next two games November 14th, 2017
- Brad Marchand (upper body) to return to Bruins on Friday November 10th, 2017
- Tuukka Rask starting in goal for Bruins on Sunday October 15th, 2017
- Tuukka Rask starting for the Bruins on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron (lower body) ruled out of Wednesday's game October 10th, 2017