Hurricanes' James Wisniewski has torn ACL, out six months
Carolina Hurricanes defenseman James Wisniewski will have surgery on his left knee due to a torn ACL.
Wisniewski suffered the injury early in Carolina's season opener on Thursday. He's expected to miss the next six months, which means that he might not play again this season.
This is a big blow to the Hurricanes as Wisniewski had the potential to play a significant role with the team after recording 34 points last season. Carolina dealt Anton Khudobin to Anaheim during the offseason to acquire Wisniewski.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Scott Darling will start in net for Hurricanes on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Jaccob Slavin inks a seven-year extension with the Hurricanes July 12th, 2017
- Eddie Lack wrapping up the season for Carolina April 9th, 2017
- Hurricanes starting Eddie Lack on Thursday April 6th, 2017
- Cam Ward likely to man goal for Hurricanes on Tuesday April 4th, 2017
- Cam Ward starting in goal for Carolina on Thursday March 30th, 2017