Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) not playing on Wednesday night
Toronto Maple Leafs center Auston Matthews will not play Wednesday due to an upper-body injury.
According to TSN Sports' Kristen Shilton, Matthews will not only miss tonight's game against the Minnesota Wild but he is also considered day-to-day with the injury. This marks Matthews' first career absence due to injury.
Matthews is averaging 18.7 FanDuel points per game with 53 shots, 10 goals and 9 assists through 16 games.
- Keith Kinkaid starting for Devils on Tuesday in place of Cory Schneider (illness) January 16th, 2018
- Cory Schneider (illness) won't be in net for Devils on Tuesday January 16th, 2018
- Ducks' Ryan Kesler (hip) to make season debut Wednesday night December 27th, 2017
- Ducks' Corey Perry is week-to-week with lower-body injury December 12th, 2017
- Matt Murray (lower-body) considered week-to-week for Penguins November 28th, 2017
- Bruins' Brad Marchand (undisclosed) won't play in next two games November 14th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night November 16th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) not playing on Wednesday night November 8th, 2017
- Maple Leafs' Frederik Andersen confirmed as Wednesday's starting goalie October 11th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting in goal for Toronto on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting Toronto's season-opener in Winnipeg October 4th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen will be in goal for Toronto in Game 5 April 21st, 2017