Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) not playing on Wednesday night
Toronto Maple Leafs center Auston Matthews will not play Wednesday due to an upper-body injury.
According to TSN Sports' Kristen Shilton, Matthews will not only miss tonight's game against the Minnesota Wild but he is also considered day-to-day with the injury. This marks Matthews' first career absence due to injury.
Matthews is averaging 18.7 FanDuel points per game with 53 shots, 10 goals and 9 assists through 16 games.
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night November 16th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) not playing on Wednesday night November 8th, 2017
- Maple Leafs' Frederik Andersen confirmed as Wednesday's starting goalie October 11th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting in goal for Toronto on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting Toronto's season-opener in Winnipeg October 4th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen will be in goal for Toronto in Game 5 April 21st, 2017