Ducks' Ryan Getzlaf (face) might miss two months following surgery
Anaheim Ducks vice president and general manager Bob Murray said that center Ryan Getzlaf underwent surgery to repair a fracture to his zygomatic bone.
Struck in the face by a puck during a game last Sunday, Getzlaf has already been placed on injured reserve with the injury. He has been out since October 29th and will continue to sit for quite some time. Murray said that the recovery could be as long as two months but an exact timetable is unknown. The Ducks will look for Antoine Vermette and others to step up with both Getzlaf and Ryan Kesler (hip) out for extended periods of time.
Through 6 games, Getzlaf had tallied 7 points with 1 goal and 6 assists in 115 minutes of ice time. He's projected for 52 points, 12 goals and 40 assists over the remainder of the Ducks' season.
- Keith Kinkaid starting for Devils on Tuesday in place of Cory Schneider (illness) January 16th, 2018
- Cory Schneider (illness) won't be in net for Devils on Tuesday January 16th, 2018
- Matt Murray (lower-body) considered week-to-week for Penguins November 28th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night November 16th, 2017
- Bruins' Brad Marchand (undisclosed) won't play in next two games November 14th, 2017
- Brad Marchand (upper body) to return to Bruins on Friday November 10th, 2017
- Ducks' Ryan Kesler (hip) to make season debut Wednesday night December 27th, 2017
- Ducks' Corey Perry is week-to-week with lower-body injury December 12th, 2017
- Ducks' Ryan Getzlaf (face) might miss two months following surgery November 7th, 2017
- John Gibson is the Ducks' starting goalie on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- John Gibson gets the call Wednesday for Ducks October 11th, 2017
- John Gibson starting at goalie for the Ducks on Monday October 9th, 2017