Bruins' David Backes (illness) will miss Thursday's season opener
David Backes (illness) will not play in the BostonBruins' season opener against the Nashville Predators on Thursday.
“[Backes] is gonna see the doctor this afternoon, so I don’t want to expand on it because I don’t know all the details,” Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy said. “But there should be some sort of announcement later after he sees the medical team.”
Our models project Backes will pot 19 goals and 24 assists to go along with 190 shots on goal in 2017-18.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Ducks' Ryan Kesler (hip) to make season debut Wednesday night December 27th, 2017
- Ducks' Corey Perry is week-to-week with lower-body injury December 12th, 2017
- Ducks' Ryan Getzlaf (face) might miss two months following surgery November 7th, 2017
- John Gibson is the Ducks' starting goalie on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- John Gibson gets the call Wednesday for Ducks October 11th, 2017
- John Gibson starting at goalie for the Ducks on Monday October 9th, 2017