Blues' Jake Allen will start Wednesday's season-opener
St. Louis Blues goalie Jake Allen will start between the pipes on the road against the Pittsburgh Penguin for Wednesday's season-opener.
Allen started 60 games for the Blues last season, going 33-20-5 with a 2.42 goals against average and .915 save percentage. He is expected to be the team's primary starter all season, with Carter Hutton also seeing some limited work.
numberFire's models project Allen for 27.3 saves, 2.9 goals against and only a 33.0% chance of scoring a win tonight. We projected him for 14.5 FanDuel points (the second-fewest among today's goalies) while he is priced at $8,500.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Montreal's Shea Weber (foot) to undergo surgery, miss remainder of season February 22nd, 2018
- Carey Price will defend the post in Montreal on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Carey Price starting in net for Canadiens on Sunday October 8th, 2017
- Canadiens give Carey Price the nod for Thursday's season-opener October 5th, 2017
- Carey Price looking to give Montreal the series lead on Thursday April 20th, 2017
- Carey Price will man the crease for Montreal in Game 4 April 18th, 2017