Dallas acquires Ben Bishop from Kings
The Dallas Stars have acquired the rights to goalie Ben Bishop from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for a 2017 fourth-round pick.
Bishop was second in Vezina Trophy voting in 2015-16 and third in 2013-14 while with the Tampa Bay Lightning, but this past season was a down year for the 30-year-old keeper. The Lightning wound up dealing him to the Los Angeles Kings midseason, where he finished the year with an 18-15-5 record between the two squads. Dallas says contract negotiations will take place within the next few days as the Stars look to lock down their new number one goalie. If a deal isn't reached, Bishop will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
Bishop posted a 2.54 goals-against average and .910 save percentage in 39 appearances last season for the Lightning and Kings.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Ben Bishop to man the crease for Dallas against the Predators October 12th, 2017
- Ben Bishop is starting Tuesday in Dallas October 10th, 2017
- Ben Bishop will start between the pipes for Dallas October 6th, 2017
- Ben Bishop signs six-year deal with Stars May 12th, 2017
- Dallas acquires Ben Bishop from Kings May 9th, 2017
- Stars expected to roll with Antti Niemi in goal on Tuesday April 4th, 2017