Jake Allen getting the nod in Game 2 for Blues
St. Louis Blues goalie Jake Allen has been named Friday's starter against the Minnesota Wild.
Allen carried a shutout late into the third period on Wednesday as he stopped 51 of 52 shots in the Blues' 2-1 overtime victory over Minnesota. He'll need to be nearly perfect again tonight on the road versus an offense that finished second in the NHL in scoring this season (3.21 goals per game)
numberFire's models project Allen as the worst goalie option available on the four-game slate with 2.7 goals allowed, 27.8 saves and a 35.0 percent chance of earning a win.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Montreal's Shea Weber (foot) to undergo surgery, miss remainder of season February 22nd, 2018
- Carey Price will defend the post in Montreal on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Carey Price starting in net for Canadiens on Sunday October 8th, 2017
- Canadiens give Carey Price the nod for Thursday's season-opener October 5th, 2017
- Carey Price looking to give Montreal the series lead on Thursday April 20th, 2017
- Carey Price will man the crease for Montreal in Game 4 April 18th, 2017