Lightning trade Brian Boyle to Toronto
The Toronto Maple Leafs have acquired winger Brian Boyle from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for winger Byron Froese and a 2017 second-round pick.
Boyle is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this summer. He's a nice addition for Toronto as they continue to battle for a playoff spot. The Lightning have clearly positioned themselves as sellers at the trade deadline with the departures of both Boyle and Ben Bishop.
Boyle has 13 goals and 22 points in 54 games this season with a career-high 53.7 Corsi For Percentage and a 2.2 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength, his best mark since his rookie campaign.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Predators' Roman Josi (lower body) set to miss second straight game Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Predators rolling with Pekka Rinne in goal for season opener October 5th, 2017
- Frederick Gaudreau's goal in Game 4 makes history as Predators tie series June 6th, 2017
- Filip Forsberg scores as Predators tie Stanley Cup Finals 2-2 June 6th, 2017
- Roman Josi picks up three points as Predators take Game 3 June 4th, 2017
- Predators won't announce Game 3 starter June 2nd, 2017