Kings acquire Ben Bishop in trade with Lightning
The Los Angeles Kings acquired goalie Ben Bishop in a trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Bishop will be sent with a 2017 fifth-round pick to Los Angeles in exchange for fellow netminder Peter Budaj, prospect defenseman Erik Cernak, a 2017 seventh-round pick and a 2017 conditional pick. He's set to be an unrestricted free agent in July, but Bishop should provide quality insurance for Quick if he's forced to the sidelines again because of his groin. Andrei Vasilevskiy will take over starting goalie duties for the Lightning.
Bishop is 16-12-3 this season with a 2.55 goals-against average and .911 save percentage -- both of which are personal-worsts in a campaign which he appeared in at least 25 games.
- Vegas' Marc-Andre Fleury earns 72nd career playoff win, moves to eighth all-time May 17th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury makes 28 saves as Golden Knights shut out Sharks, advance to Western Conference Finals May 7th, 2018
- Taylor Hall scores 1 goal, 2 assists as Devils defeat Lightning in Game 3 April 17th, 2018
- Lightning's Steven Stamkos (lower body) will play Thursday against New Jersey April 12th, 2018
- Sidney Crosby secures hat trick in Penguins' Game 1 win over Flyers April 12th, 2018
- Buffalo's Jack Eichel (ankle) will return to the ice on Saturday March 17th, 2018
- Ben Bishop to man the crease for Dallas against the Predators October 12th, 2017
- Ben Bishop is starting Tuesday in Dallas October 10th, 2017
- Ben Bishop will start between the pipes for Dallas October 6th, 2017
- Ben Bishop signs six-year deal with Stars May 12th, 2017
- Dallas acquires Ben Bishop from Kings May 9th, 2017
- Stars expected to roll with Antti Niemi in goal on Tuesday April 4th, 2017