Jean-Francois Berube to make first start of the season for Islanders
The New York Islanders are giving goalie Jean-Francois Berube his first start of the season versus the Buffalo Sabres on Friday.
Berube has been the Islanders third goalie all year, making it into only one game playing six minutes and stopping the only shot he saw. He holds a career save percentage of .915 in eight career games. The 25-year-old will have a tough test on Friday as the Sabres have scored 3.29 goals per game in their last seven contests.
Our models have Berube as the third-best goalie option on Friday, with a projected 51.0 percent chance of a win, while stopping 27.3-of-29.5 shots faced.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Blue Jackets' Sergei Bobrovsky will start in goal on Friday October 13th, 2017
- Sergei Bobrovsky is starting for the Blue Jackets on Friday October 6th, 2017
- Columbus looking to Sergei Bobrovsky to keep their season alive April 20th, 2017
- Blue Jackets make Scott Hartnell a healthy scratch for Game 4 April 18th, 2017
- Joonas Korpisalo is manning the crease for Columbus on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Joonas Korpisalo named the starter Thursday for Columbus April 6th, 2017