Red Wings' Thomas Vanek to be sidelined until late November
Detroit Red Wings winger Thomas Vanek isn't projected to play for another two-to-three weeks.
He's dealing with a muscle strain around the right hip. Vanek has been out since October 25 and was already scratched from Friday's contest against the Winnipeg Jets.
Vanek has four goals and four points in seven games this season. He's recorded a plus-five plus/minus with a 46.1 Corsi For Percentage and 2.7 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Red Wings starting Petr Mrazek against Vegas on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Petr Mrazek will defend Red Wings' net against Stars October 10th, 2017
- Jimmy Howard starting at home for the Red Wings on Thursday October 5th, 2017
- Jimmy Howard donning the pads for Detroit on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Jimmy Howard will be in net as the Red Wings take on the Senators April 4th, 2017
- Petr Mrazek donning the pads on Monday for Detroit April 3rd, 2017