Peter Budaj starting in goal as Kings take on Stars
Los Angeles Kings goalie Peter Budaj will start on Thursday versus the Dallas Stars.
Budaj is making his first start since being called up in the wake of Jonathan Quick's groin injury. He and Jeff Zatkoff will split duties for at least the next three months until Quick is able to return.
Zatkoff has struggled in Quick's place, recording an .839 save percentage and 4.38 goals against average, both of which are league-worsts among all goalies with at least three starts this season. Our models don't expect much better for Budaj on Thursday, projecting him to get rung for 3.53 goals on 27.74 shot attempts with just a 28.0 percent chance of getting the win.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Kings Buddy Hield reportedly tests positive for COVID-19 June 24th, 2020
- Kings' Jabari Parker reportedly tests positive for COVID-19 June 24th, 2020
- Richaun Holmes starting for the Kings on Wednesday, Dewayne Dedmon coming off the bench October 30th, 2019
- Marvin Bagley will start for the Kings on Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- Jonathan Quick starting in net for Kings' season opener October 5th, 2017