Andrew Hammond making season debut as Senators battle Detroit
Ottawa Senators goalie Andrew Hammond is starting Monday night versus the Detroit Red Wings.
Hammond will be making his season debut after Craig Anderson manned the pipes in Ottawa's first two games. In two career starts versus Detroit, Hammond has recorded a 0.78 goals against average and .966 save percentage, winning both contests.
The Red Wings rank 20th in numberFire's NHL Team Power Rankings, and at an affordable $7600 price tag on FanDuel, Hammond could make for a sneaky value play on an eight-man Monday slate. Our models project him to make 27.90 saves on 30.53 shot attempts, although we give Hammond only a 40.0 percent chance of picking up the victory.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Minnesota's Devan Dubnyk starting on the road against Detroit October 5th, 2017
- Wild rolling with Devan Dubnyk in Game 2 against St. Louis April 14th, 2017
- Devan Dubnyk will try for his third straight win on Thursday for the Wild April 6th, 2017
- Devan Dubnyk dons pads Tuesday as Wild attempt to secure seeding April 4th, 2017
- Alex Stalock making his first start of the season for Minnesota tonight March 30th, 2017
- Wild starting Devan Dubnyk in goal on Tuesday March 28th, 2017