Rasmus Ristolainen agrees to six-year extension with Sabres
Buffalo Sabres defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen has come to terms on a six-year contract with the team worth an average annual value of $5.4 million.
Buffalo will not only have their top defender for Thursday's season opener versus the Montreal Canadiens, but they locked him down for the next decade as well.
Turning 22 later this month, Ristolainen recorded a career-high 41 points (9 goals, 32 assists) in a full 82 games last season in Buffalo. His 45.4 Corsi For Percentage was also a career-best, while his -3.5 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength was almost as bad as the -3.7 clip from his rookie campaign.
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Vegas' Marc-Andre Fleury earns 72nd career playoff win, moves to eighth all-time May 17th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury makes 28 saves as Golden Knights shut out Sharks, advance to Western Conference Finals May 7th, 2018
- Taylor Hall scores 1 goal, 2 assists as Devils defeat Lightning in Game 3 April 17th, 2018
- Buffalo's Jack Eichel (ankle) will return to the ice on Saturday March 17th, 2018
- Sabres' Robin Lehner starting Thursday's road game October 12th, 2017
- Sabres sticking with Chad Johnson Monday afternoon October 9th, 2017
- Robin Lehner between the pipes for Buffalo's season-opener on Thursday October 5th, 2017
- Linus Ullmark making his first start of the season for Buffalo on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Buffalo starting Robin Lehner in goal on Wednesday April 5th, 2017