Blues acquire Nail Yakupov from Oilers for prospect, pick
The St. Louis Blues have agreed to a deal with the Edmonton Oilers that will yield them winger Nail Yakupov in exchange for prospect Zach Pochiro and a conditional draft pick.
Blues beat reporter Jeremy Rutherford was first to report that St. Louis was dealing with Edmonton for Yakupov. The just-turned 23-year-old (his birthday was on Thursday) Yakupov was the first overall pick in the 2012 draft, but has seen his numbers regress from a solid rookie campaign (17 goals, 31 points in 48 games). With $2.5 million remaining on Yakupov's deal before becoming a restricted free agent next summer, the trade is a low-risk gamble for the Blues.
Yakupov netted just 8 goals and 15 assists in 60 games during the 2015-16 season. His possession numbers were the best of his career, however, as he turned in a 49.6 Corsi For Percentage and 0.2 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Jonathan Bernier will start in goal for Colorado on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Semyon Varlamov to man the crease for Colorado on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Semyon Varlamov is starting Monday for Avalanche October 9th, 2017
- Semyon Varlamov starting between the pipes for Colorado to open the season October 5th, 2017
- Calvin Pickard will man the crease one more time for the Avalanche April 9th, 2017
- Avalanche asking Calvin Pickard to stop the Blackhawks April 4th, 2017