Stars sign Jamie Benn to eight-year extension
Winger Jamie Benn has signed an eight-year, $76 million extension with the Dallas Stars.
Benn will be on the cusp of his 36th birthday when this contract runs out after the 2024-2025 season, as the 27-year-old (happy birthday, Jamie!) still has another season left on his five-year, $26.25 million contract. The numbers on this new deal are eye-opening, but Benn has proven to be worth it and the Stars should still have enough financial flexibility to maintain a core group that can contend for the Cup.
Benn, 26, was a monster this season. He netted a career-high 41 goals and dished out 48 assists, giving him a career-best 89 points. He posted a 53.1 Corsi For Percentage, although his -1.1 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength was a career-low.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Ben Bishop to man the crease for Dallas against the Predators October 12th, 2017
- Ben Bishop is starting Tuesday in Dallas October 10th, 2017
- Ben Bishop will start between the pipes for Dallas October 6th, 2017
- Ben Bishop signs six-year deal with Stars May 12th, 2017
- Dallas acquires Ben Bishop from Kings May 9th, 2017
- Stars expected to roll with Antti Niemi in goal on Tuesday April 4th, 2017