Teemu Pulkkinen doubtful for start of 2016-17 for Red Wings
Detroit Red Wings winger Teemu Pulkkinen underwent shoulder surgery in early June.
The surgery carries an expected recovery time of four-to-six months, which implies that Pulkkinen would miss at least the beginning of the season, and possibly much more than that. The 24 year-old is a restricted free agent since Detroit gave him a qualifying offer. Despite only playing 36 games last season and posting 12 points (six goals, six assists), both were career highs.
Pulkkinen was outstanding at driving possession last season. His Corsi For Percentage was 57.8 and his Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength was 6.7. It's a small sample size, but Pulkkinen has shown his ability to be effective when on the ice.
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Taylor Hall scores 1 goal, 2 assists as Devils defeat Lightning in Game 3 April 17th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Vegas' Marc-Andre Fleury earns 72nd career playoff win, moves to eighth all-time May 17th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury makes 28 saves as Golden Knights shut out Sharks, advance to Western Conference Finals May 7th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury (concussion) placed on Golden Knights' injured reserve list October 15th, 2017
- Marc-Andre Fleury will start for Vegas on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Marc-Andre Fleury will start Vegas' home opener October 10th, 2017