Joe Pavelski's three-point night propels Sharks past Blues
San Jose Sharks winger Joe Pavelski scored two goals and added an assist as the Sharks defeated the St. Louis Blues, 6-3, in St. Louis Monday night.
The victory gave the Sharks a 3-2 lead in the Western Conference Finals. San Jose can win the best-of-seven series and earn a berth to the Stanley Cup Finals if they beat the Blues in Game 6 in San Jose Wednesday night. Pavelski, who now has 13 goals and nine assists in the playoffs, wasn't the only three-point producer for the Sharks Monday. Joe Thornton also had three points, all assists. He now has 14 assists in the postseason. Thornton and Pavelski both assisted on the game-opening goal by defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic at 3:51 of the opening period. Vlasic's goal was his first of the postseason. The Sharks tied the game at 2-2 on a goal by Joel Ward (third of the playoffs) at 4:37 of the second period. Vlasic assisted on the Ward goal, which came on a power play. Pavelski tied the game again at 3-3 on another San Jose power play goal at 18:33 of the second. It was all Sharks in the third period. They got goals from Pavelski, Chris Tierney and Ward again to make it a 6-3 final.
Pavelski had 38 goals and 40 assists with a plus/minus of plus-25 in the regular season. His 56.9 Corsi For Percentage was slightly above his career average while his 3.0 Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength was just below his career average.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Ben Bishop to man the crease for Dallas against the Predators October 12th, 2017
- Ben Bishop is starting Tuesday in Dallas October 10th, 2017
- Ben Bishop will start between the pipes for Dallas October 6th, 2017
- Ben Bishop signs six-year deal with Stars May 12th, 2017
- Dallas acquires Ben Bishop from Kings May 9th, 2017
- Stars expected to roll with Antti Niemi in goal on Tuesday April 4th, 2017