Joe Thornton's two-point night helps Sharks advance
San Jose Sharks center Joe Thornton scored a goal and added an assist in Thursday night's 5-0 Game 7 blowout win over the Nashville Predators.
For the first time in six years, Thornton and the Sharks will play in the Western Conference Final, pitting the Sharks against the St. Louis Blues with a spot in the Stanley Cup Final on the line.
Thornton has 93 points in 95 games this year, including the regular season and playoffs. Owner of stellar possession metrics in his career, he posted a 56.3 Corsi For Percentage and 4.1 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength in the regular season.
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Vegas' Marc-Andre Fleury earns 72nd career playoff win, moves to eighth all-time May 17th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury January 24th, 2018
- Martin Jones gets the nod in goal for the Sharks on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Martin Jones starting in goal for the Sharks on Wednesday October 4th, 2017
- Martin Jones manning the crease for San Jose in Game 5 April 20th, 2017
- Martin Jones will defend the post for San Jose on Thursday April 6th, 2017