Valeri Nichushkin scratched Tuesday, Curtis McKenzie to start for Dallas
Dallas Stars winger Curtis McKenzie will be in the lineup in Game 3 versus the St. Louis Blues.
"I literally found out right before we went out on the ice," McKenzie said. "I am pretty excited." Dallas coach Lindy Ruff wouldn't talk about lineup changes, but McKenzie's excitement indicates he is in Tuesday night. He expects to take a physical role on the fourth line. Nichushkin will be a healthy scratch. He has been scratched for two postseason contests already, including Game 1 versus the Blues, and this will now be the third game he has watched from the press box.
McKenzie played just three games in the regular season and failed to record a point. He tallied 5 points (4 goals, 1 assist) in 36 games played for the Stars last season. Tuesday's contest will be his first playoff game at the NHL level.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Ben Bishop to man the crease for Dallas against the Predators October 12th, 2017
- Ben Bishop is starting Tuesday in Dallas October 10th, 2017
- Ben Bishop will start between the pipes for Dallas October 6th, 2017
- Ben Bishop signs six-year deal with Stars May 12th, 2017
- Dallas acquires Ben Bishop from Kings May 9th, 2017
- Stars expected to roll with Antti Niemi in goal on Tuesday April 4th, 2017