Brooks Orpik (upper body) hopeful to play for Capitals in Game 1
Washington Capitals defenseman Brooks Orpik (upper body) hopes to play in Game 1 on Thursday.
Orpik hasn't gotten medical clearance to return to the lineup, but he'll meet with a doctor prior to the game. In the meantime, he took part in Wednesday's practice.
Orpik, 35, played in three games of the Capitals' opening-round series before getting hurt. In the regular season, he recorded three goals and seven helpers in 41 games. Orpik's 52.1 Corsi For Percentage and -0.2 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength were both better than his career averages.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Capitals' Braden Holtby starting in goal against New Jersey October 13th, 2017
- Braden Holtby starting in goal for Washington on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Caps' Philipp Grubauer will be handle goalie duties versus Lightning October 9th, 2017
- Capitals starting Braden Holtby in goal on Thursday October 5th, 2017