Karl Alzner skips Capitals' practice session on Tuesday
Washington Capitals defenseman Karl Alzner didn't participate in Tuesday's skate.
Alzner received a maintenance day because coach Barry Trotz thought he could use a rest from playing hard minutes and blocking some shots. He is confident that Alzner will be fine for the start of Round 2.
Alzner is known more for his defensive abilities than his point production, but he still managed 21 points (4 goals, 17 assists) this season to tie his career high, and his 207 blocked shots were third most. Alzner tallied 2 points -- both assists -- in the Capitals' opening playoff series win against the Philadelphia Flyers, while blocking 13 shots in 6 games. The Caps face the Pittsburgh Penguins in round two.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Montreal's Shea Weber (foot) to undergo surgery, miss remainder of season February 22nd, 2018
- Carey Price will defend the post in Montreal on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Carey Price starting in net for Canadiens on Sunday October 8th, 2017
- Canadiens give Carey Price the nod for Thursday's season-opener October 5th, 2017
- Carey Price looking to give Montreal the series lead on Thursday April 20th, 2017
- Carey Price will man the crease for Montreal in Game 4 April 18th, 2017