Washington's Brooks Orpik (upper body) skated Tuesday
Washington Capitals defenseman Brooks Orpik (upper body) skated at Tuesday's practice.
Capitals' coach Barry Trotz wouldn't say if Orpik will be available during Washington's second-round series against the Pittsburgh Penguins. He still hasn't received the green light from doctors, but Game 1 could be a possibility.
Orpik, 35, played in three games of the Capitals' opening-round series before getting hurt. In the regular season, he recorded three goals and seven helpers in 41 games. Orpik's 52.1 Corsi For Percentage and -0.2 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength were both better than his career averages.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Capitals' Braden Holtby starting in goal against New Jersey October 13th, 2017
- Braden Holtby starting in goal for Washington on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Caps' Philipp Grubauer will be handle goalie duties versus Lightning October 9th, 2017
- Capitals starting Braden Holtby in goal on Thursday October 5th, 2017