Mikko Koivu tallies two assists as Minnesota is eliminated
Minnesota Wild center Mikko Koivu contributed two assists in Minnesota's comeback attempt in Game 6 against the Dallas Stars.
The Wild scored three goals before the midway mark of the third period to cut into the Stars' 4-0 lead. Koivu assisted on two goals by Jared Spurgeon during that time, but Minnesota lost the game by a score of 5-4. The veteran center finished the series with five points in six matches.
Owner of superb possession stats over his career, Koivu posted a 52.1 Corsi For Percentage and 4.2 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength. He scored 17 goals with 39 assists this year, giving him his most points since 2010-'11.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Blue Jackets' Sergei Bobrovsky will start in goal on Friday October 13th, 2017
- Sergei Bobrovsky is starting for the Blue Jackets on Friday October 6th, 2017
- Columbus looking to Sergei Bobrovsky to keep their season alive April 20th, 2017
- Blue Jackets make Scott Hartnell a healthy scratch for Game 4 April 18th, 2017
- Joonas Korpisalo is manning the crease for Columbus on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Joonas Korpisalo named the starter Thursday for Columbus April 6th, 2017