Marc-Edouard Vlasic will play for Sharks against Kings
San Jose Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic confirmed Monday he will be in the Sharks' lineup when they open their first-round playoff series Thursday night against the Los Angeles Kings.
Vlasic missed San Jose's final 12 regular-season games because of a knee injury. On Monday, he went all out in the Sharks' practice alongside his regular defensive partner, Justin Braun. "I'm looking forward to playing," Vlasic said. "Took the time to heal properly and now I'm ready to go."
Vlasic's 52.2 Corsi For Percentage and -0.5 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength are both below his career averages. He totaled 8 goals and 31 assists in 67 games.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury January 24th, 2018
- Martin Jones gets the nod in goal for the Sharks on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Martin Jones starting in goal for the Sharks on Wednesday October 4th, 2017
- Martin Jones manning the crease for San Jose in Game 5 April 20th, 2017
- Martin Jones will defend the post for San Jose on Thursday April 6th, 2017