Alex Chiasson’s late goal wins it for Senators
Ottawa Senators forward Alex Chiasson scored at 11:39 of the third period to break a 1-1 tie and give the Senators a 2-1 victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Wednesday night.
The win ended a three-game losing streak for the Sens. A loss Wednesday would have eliminated them from playoff contention. Chiasson's goal was his eighth of the season. Mark Stone also scored for Ottawa, his 22nd of the season.
Our models project Chiasson to tally two more points (one goal, one assist) over the remainder of the season. He is sporting a 43.5 Corsi For Percentage and -7.2 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength, both of which are career-low numbers.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Oilers' Cam Talbot will start on Monday against the Jets October 9th, 2017
- Cam Talbot named the Oilers' starting goalie for Wednesday's home game October 4th, 2017
- Laurent Brossoit defending the post for Edmonton on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Cam Talbot will don the pads as Edmonton visists San Jose April 6th, 2017
- Oilers will have Cam Talbot between the posts on Tuesday April 4th, 2017
- Oilers' Cam Talbot to man the crease against the Kings March 28th, 2017