Toronto's Matt Hunwick will have season-ending surgery
Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Matt Hunwick has been shut down for the rest of the season.
Toronto coach Mike Babcock said Hunwick will have season-ending surgery on a recurring injury. Hunwick is second on the Leafs in average ice time per game, and he has contributed 10 points in 60 contests.
The procedure has a 10-week recovery period, and he should be back skating in July. Hunwick suffered the injury back on February 13. He ends the year with a career-low -8.7 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength, and his 47.0 Corsi For Percentage is his worst clip since 2010-'11.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Buffalo's Jack Eichel (ankle) will return to the ice on Saturday March 17th, 2018
- Sabres' Robin Lehner starting Thursday's road game October 12th, 2017
- Sabres sticking with Chad Johnson Monday afternoon October 9th, 2017
- Robin Lehner between the pipes for Buffalo's season-opener on Thursday October 5th, 2017
- Linus Ullmark making his first start of the season for Buffalo on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Buffalo starting Robin Lehner in goal on Wednesday April 5th, 2017