Blackhawks acquire Andrew Ladd from Winnipeg
The Chicago Blackhawks have landed Andrew Ladd, Jay Harrison and Matt Fraser from the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for Marko Dano, a first round pick in 2016 and a conditional pick in 2018.
Winnipeg will also retain 36 percent of Ladd's remaining salary. Ladd won the Stanley Cup with Chicago back in 2009-'10 when he was 24 years-old, posting six points in 19 games. The now-former Jets' captain has registered 17 goals and 34 points with 126 hits in 59 games this season. The condition on the third rounder is, if the Hawks win the Cup, then Winnipeg gets the additional pick. With the retained salary and by burying Harrison and Fraser in the AHL, the Blackhawks will still have $1.48 million in cap space come Monday's trade deadline.
Our rest-of-season projections peg Ladd to record another six goals and eight assists over the remainder of the regular season. While being decent numbers, his 52.0 Corsi For Percentage and 0.5 Relative Corsi for Percentage at Even Strength are both below his career averages.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Islanders' Jaroslav Halak starting in goal against the Ducks October 11th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss is back between the pipes Monday for Islanders October 9th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss will be in goal Friday for the Islanders October 6th, 2017
- Thomas Greiss will tend the twine for the Islanders versus Ottawa April 9th, 2017
- Jaroslav Halak in net as Islanders face Carolina April 6th, 2017
- Jaroslav Halak gets the green light by the Islanders on Tuesday April 4th, 2017