Blue Jackets' Nick Foligno explodes with hat trick, assist
Columbus Blue Jackets forward Nick Foligno rallied the Blue Jackets past the New Jersey Devils on Thursday night with a hat trick and an assist, totaling four points.
After a 73-point campaign last season, fantasy owners have had to be extremely patient this year with Foligno. A mix of slumps and injuries have been detrimental to his value, but the 28-year-old has the ability to get hot and be useful for the fantasy playoffs. Thursday night was certainly a boost. Foligno has just nine goals and 32 points in 53 games.
Our rest-of-season projections have Foligno totaling five more goals with 10 more assists over the remainder of the season. His 52.9 Corsi For Percentage and 5.0 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength are both hovering near career-best levels.
- Flyers' Wayne Simmonds (upper body) to miss 2-3 weeks February 20th, 2018
- Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury January 24th, 2018
- Keith Kinkaid starting for Devils on Tuesday in place of Cory Schneider (illness) January 16th, 2018
- Cory Schneider (illness) won't be in net for Devils on Tuesday January 16th, 2018
- Ducks' Ryan Kesler (hip) to make season debut Wednesday night December 27th, 2017
- Ducks' Corey Perry is week-to-week with lower-body injury December 12th, 2017
- Blue Jackets' Sergei Bobrovsky will start in goal on Friday October 13th, 2017
- Sergei Bobrovsky is starting for the Blue Jackets on Friday October 6th, 2017
- Columbus looking to Sergei Bobrovsky to keep their season alive April 20th, 2017
- Blue Jackets make Scott Hartnell a healthy scratch for Game 4 April 18th, 2017
- Joonas Korpisalo is manning the crease for Columbus on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Joonas Korpisalo named the starter Thursday for Columbus April 6th, 2017