Loui Eriksson's overtime goal propels Bruins past Columbus
Boston Bruins forward Loui Eriksson scored the game-winning goal in Tuesday's 2-1 overtime win over the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Eriksson scored just 33 seconds into the extra frame. Torey Krug and David Krejci registered the assists on the goal. The Bruins have an interesting dilemma on their hands. Eriksson is a pending unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, but Boston right in the thick of the playoff race in the Eastern Conference. They must decide if they want to keep him for the playoff push and risk losing him for nothing or deal him before the February 29 trade deadline. The 30-year-old has 20 goals and 45 points in 57 games this season.
Our rest-of-season projections have Eriksson totaling eight more goals with 11 more assists. His 5.4 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength is a career-best clip while his 52.8 Corsi For Percentage is his worst mark since 2012-'13.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Antti Raanta starting between the pipes for the Coyotes on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Antti Raanta will start for Coyotes in Las Vegas on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Coyotes' Louis Domingue gets the start on the road against Anaheim October 5th, 2017
- Arizona putting Louis Domingue in goal versus the Canucks April 6th, 2017
- Coyotes giving Mike Smith a road start in Dallas April 4th, 2017
- Louis Domingue will be in net as Arizona hosts Washington March 31st, 2017