Capitals' Brooks Orpik (lower body) expected back this week
Washington Capitals defenseman Brooks Orpik (lower body) is expected to be back this week.
"I don't know," Orpik said when asked if he would play Tuesday night. "I've got to talk to them. We've kind of just been going day-by-day and making sure there's no setbacks with it. It felt good today, and we'll just see how it goes tomorrow morning." He has missed 40 games with a lower-body bone injury.
He has a goal and two assists in 14 games this season. Orpok's 49.1 Corsi for Percentage and his -5.3 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength are in line with his career averages.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Capitals' Braden Holtby starting in goal against New Jersey October 13th, 2017
- Braden Holtby starting in goal for Washington on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Caps' Philipp Grubauer will be handle goalie duties versus Lightning October 9th, 2017
- Capitals starting Braden Holtby in goal on Thursday October 5th, 2017