Canucks lose Alexander Edler (fibula) for six weeks
Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alexander Edler is expected to miss the next six weeks with a fibula fracture.
Edler was placed on the injured reserve list, and we shouldn't expect to see him back in the lineup until late March. This is a tough loss for the Canucks, who are fighting for a playoff spot. Edler leads Vancouver in ice time per game, averaging 24:27 minutes per contest.
Edler has 20 points (six goals, 14 assists) in 52 games played this season, but he has been poor at driving possession. His Corsi For Percentage is a career worst 47.3, and his Relative Corsi For at Even Strength is -1.6. We currently give Vancouver a 38.32 percent of making the playoffs, although Edler's absence could decrease this percentage.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Canucks starting Jacob Markstrom against Winnipeg October 12th, 2017
- Canucks' Jacob Markstrom gets the nod against the Senators October 10th, 2017
- Vancouver putting Ryan Miller between the pipes in Arizona April 6th, 2017
- Richard Bachman gets another start in goal for Vancouver April 4th, 2017
- Canucks rolling with Ryan Miller on Sunday April 2nd, 2017
- Ryan Miller is tending the twine for Vancouver on Friday March 31st, 2017