Oilers' Connor McDavid dazzles in return to lineup
Edmonton Oilers center Connor McDavid scored and added two assists in a spectacular return to lineup for Edmonton on Tuesday.
This was an all-world performance in a return to the lineup for perhaps the brightest young star in the game. McDavid's goal was so filthy. He split the Blue Jackets defense and triple-deked his way to his first goal since October 23. He also picked up two nice assists and collected four shots. Jordan Eberle and Benoit Pouliot each scored and added an assist, as well.
McDavid, a rookie, has six goals and nine assists in 14 games played. His Corsi For Percentage is 52.4, and his Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength is 2.5. We project him to tally another 15 points (six goals, nine assists) in 18 games over the remaining course of the season, but those numbers should rise if he's able to play in more games.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Oilers' Cam Talbot will start on Monday against the Jets October 9th, 2017
- Cam Talbot named the Oilers' starting goalie for Wednesday's home game October 4th, 2017
- Laurent Brossoit defending the post for Edmonton on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Cam Talbot will don the pads as Edmonton visists San Jose April 6th, 2017
- Oilers will have Cam Talbot between the posts on Tuesday April 4th, 2017
- Oilers' Cam Talbot to man the crease against the Kings March 28th, 2017