Mark Giordano stays hot, nets Calgary's lone goal in 2-1 defeat
Calgary Flames defenseman Mark Giordano scored the lone goal in a 2-1 loss to Nashville on Wednesday.
Giordano is on a seriously nice streak here with points in 14 of his last 17 games. He has a goal and four assists in his last five games. After a slow start to the season, needless to say, he has really picked things up.
He heads into the All-Star break with 11 goals and 31 points in 48 games. We project Giordano to cool off and record four more goals and 13 more assists over the final 32 contests. He owns a 50.7 Corsi For Percentage and 4.1 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength. Both possession metrics are a touch below his career averages.
- Flyers' Wayne Simmonds (upper body) to miss 2-3 weeks February 20th, 2018
- Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury January 24th, 2018
- Keith Kinkaid starting for Devils on Tuesday in place of Cory Schneider (illness) January 16th, 2018
- Cory Schneider (illness) won't be in net for Devils on Tuesday January 16th, 2018
- Ducks' Ryan Kesler (hip) to make season debut Wednesday night December 27th, 2017
- Ducks' Corey Perry is week-to-week with lower-body injury December 12th, 2017
- Flames tap Mike Smith to start in goal on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Mike Smith starting between the crease for Flames on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Mike Smith starting at goalie for the Flames on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Mike Smith making his Flames debut on Wednesday October 4th, 2017
- Flames will have Brian Elliott in goal as they look for first win of the playoffs April 17th, 2017
- Jon Gillies will make his NHL debut for Calgary on Thursday April 6th, 2017