Mark Giordano stays hot, nets Calgary's lone goal in 2-1 defeat
Calgary Flames defenseman Mark Giordano scored the lone goal in a 2-1 loss to Nashville on Wednesday.
Giordano is on a seriously nice streak here with points in 14 of his last 17 games. He has a goal and four assists in his last five games. After a slow start to the season, needless to say, he has really picked things up.
He heads into the All-Star break with 11 goals and 31 points in 48 games. We project Giordano to cool off and record four more goals and 13 more assists over the final 32 contests. He owns a 50.7 Corsi For Percentage and 4.1 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength. Both possession metrics are a touch below his career averages.
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Vegas' Marc-Andre Fleury earns 72nd career playoff win, moves to eighth all-time May 17th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury makes 28 saves as Golden Knights shut out Sharks, advance to Western Conference Finals May 7th, 2018
- Taylor Hall scores 1 goal, 2 assists as Devils defeat Lightning in Game 3 April 17th, 2018
- Lightning's Steven Stamkos (lower body) will play Thursday against New Jersey April 12th, 2018
- Sidney Crosby secures hat trick in Penguins' Game 1 win over Flyers April 12th, 2018
- Flames tap Mike Smith to start in goal on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Mike Smith starting between the crease for Flames on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Mike Smith starting at goalie for the Flames on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Mike Smith making his Flames debut on Wednesday October 4th, 2017
- Flames will have Brian Elliott in goal as they look for first win of the playoffs April 17th, 2017
- Jon Gillies will make his NHL debut for Calgary on Thursday April 6th, 2017