Carolina's Kris Versteeg scores twice in win over Flames
Carolina Hurricanes forward Kris Versteeg scored two goals in Sunday's 5-2 win over the Calgary Flames.
Versteeg extended Carolina's lead to 3-0 early in the second period, getting Flames' goalie Karri Ramo pulled in the process. The Hurricanes' forward also added a power-play goal in the third period.
The 29-year-old Versteeg has 10 goals and 30 points in 49 games this season. We project him to record eight more goals and 14 more assists over the final 33 games. Versteeg's 57.6 Corsi For Percentage and 6.1 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength are career-best numbers.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Flames tap Mike Smith to start in goal on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Mike Smith starting between the crease for Flames on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Mike Smith starting at goalie for the Flames on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Mike Smith making his Flames debut on Wednesday October 4th, 2017
- Flames will have Brian Elliott in goal as they look for first win of the playoffs April 17th, 2017
- Jon Gillies will make his NHL debut for Calgary on Thursday April 6th, 2017