Carolina edges Pittsburgh behind Eric Staal's two points
Carolina Hurricanes center Eric Staal scored a goal and an assist in Tuesday's 3-2 overtime win over the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Staal opened the scoring at the 3:52 mark of the third period, and he assisted on Kris Versteeg's goal just less than six minutes later. Jeff Skinner added the game-winner in overtime.
The 31-year-old Staal has nine goals and 28 points in 44 games this season. We project him to tally 10 more goals and 16 more assists over the final 39 games. Staal's possession metrics are at career-best levels, with both his Corsi For Percentage (57.8) and his Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength (7.7) are new highs.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Buffalo's Jack Eichel (ankle) will return to the ice on Saturday March 17th, 2018
- Sabres' Robin Lehner starting Thursday's road game October 12th, 2017
- Sabres sticking with Chad Johnson Monday afternoon October 9th, 2017
- Robin Lehner between the pipes for Buffalo's season-opener on Thursday October 5th, 2017
- Linus Ullmark making his first start of the season for Buffalo on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Buffalo starting Robin Lehner in goal on Wednesday April 5th, 2017