Rasmus Ristolainen scores hat trick in Sabres' loss
Buffalo Sabres defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen scored a hat trick in Thursday's 4-3 loss to the Calgary Flames.
Two of his three goals were scored on the power play. Ristolainen finished the game with a minus-2 rating, four shots and one blocked shot in 25:12 of ice time. The 21-year-old is having an incredible breakout year. He has seven points in his last five games and now has seven goals and 21 points in 29 games.
Ristolainen has already surpassed his point total from last year, when he racked up 20 points in 78 games. We project him to regress over the remainder of the season. Our algorithms forecast Ristolainen to put up 23 more points -- seven goals, 16 assists -- over the final 53 games.
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Buffalo's Jack Eichel (ankle) will return to the ice on Saturday March 17th, 2018
- Sabres' Robin Lehner starting Thursday's road game October 12th, 2017
- Sabres sticking with Chad Johnson Monday afternoon October 9th, 2017
- Robin Lehner between the pipes for Buffalo's season-opener on Thursday October 5th, 2017
- Linus Ullmark making his first start of the season for Buffalo on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Buffalo starting Robin Lehner in goal on Wednesday April 5th, 2017