Rasmus Ristolainen scores hat trick in Sabres' loss
Buffalo Sabres defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen scored a hat trick in Thursday's 4-3 loss to the Calgary Flames.
Two of his three goals were scored on the power play. Ristolainen finished the game with a minus-2 rating, four shots and one blocked shot in 25:12 of ice time. The 21-year-old is having an incredible breakout year. He has seven points in his last five games and now has seven goals and 21 points in 29 games.
Ristolainen has already surpassed his point total from last year, when he racked up 20 points in 78 games. We project him to regress over the remainder of the season. Our algorithms forecast Ristolainen to put up 23 more points -- seven goals, 16 assists -- over the final 53 games.
- Ducks' Corey Perry is week-to-week with lower-body injury December 12th, 2017
- Matt Murray (lower-body) considered week-to-week for Penguins November 28th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night November 16th, 2017
- Bruins' Brad Marchand (undisclosed) won't play in next two games November 14th, 2017
- Brad Marchand (upper body) to return to Bruins on Friday November 10th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) not playing on Wednesday night November 8th, 2017
- Sabres' Robin Lehner starting Thursday's road game October 12th, 2017
- Sabres sticking with Chad Johnson Monday afternoon October 9th, 2017
- Robin Lehner between the pipes for Buffalo's season-opener on Thursday October 5th, 2017
- Linus Ullmark making his first start of the season for Buffalo on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Buffalo starting Robin Lehner in goal on Wednesday April 5th, 2017
- Sabres putting Robin Lehner between the pipes versus Maple Leafs April 3rd, 2017