John Mitchell scores overtime winner in Avalanche win
Colorado Avalanche center John Mitchell scored in overtime as Colorado edged the Minnesota Wild, 2-1, on Monday night.
Mitchell now has six goals on the season, giving him six points in 17 games. Mitchell also picked up a couple of penalties in the game for a total of four penalty minutes. Mitchell's goal was assisted by Matt Duchene and Tyson Barrie. Barrie opened the scoring in the second period.
Our algorithms project Mitchell to record nine more goals and nine more assists over the final 48 games, which would give him 24 points on the season. Mitchell tallied 26 points a year ago.
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Vegas' Marc-Andre Fleury earns 72nd career playoff win, moves to eighth all-time May 17th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury makes 28 saves as Golden Knights shut out Sharks, advance to Western Conference Finals May 7th, 2018
- Taylor Hall scores 1 goal, 2 assists as Devils defeat Lightning in Game 3 April 17th, 2018
- Jonathan Bernier will start in goal for Colorado on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Semyon Varlamov to man the crease for Colorado on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Semyon Varlamov is starting Monday for Avalanche October 9th, 2017
- Semyon Varlamov starting between the pipes for Colorado to open the season October 5th, 2017
- Calvin Pickard will man the crease one more time for the Avalanche April 9th, 2017
- Avalanche asking Calvin Pickard to stop the Blackhawks April 4th, 2017