John Mitchell scores overtime winner in Avalanche win
Colorado Avalanche center John Mitchell scored in overtime as Colorado edged the Minnesota Wild, 2-1, on Monday night.
Mitchell now has six goals on the season, giving him six points in 17 games. Mitchell also picked up a couple of penalties in the game for a total of four penalty minutes. Mitchell's goal was assisted by Matt Duchene and Tyson Barrie. Barrie opened the scoring in the second period.
Our algorithms project Mitchell to record nine more goals and nine more assists over the final 48 games, which would give him 24 points on the season. Mitchell tallied 26 points a year ago.
- Penguins acquire Derick Brassard from Senators February 23rd, 2018
- Montreal's Shea Weber (foot) to undergo surgery, miss remainder of season February 22nd, 2018
- Flyers' Wayne Simmonds (upper body) to miss 2-3 weeks February 20th, 2018
- Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury January 24th, 2018
- Keith Kinkaid starting for Devils on Tuesday in place of Cory Schneider (illness) January 16th, 2018
- Cory Schneider (illness) won't be in net for Devils on Tuesday January 16th, 2018
- Jonathan Bernier will start in goal for Colorado on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Semyon Varlamov to man the crease for Colorado on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Semyon Varlamov is starting Monday for Avalanche October 9th, 2017
- Semyon Varlamov starting between the pipes for Colorado to open the season October 5th, 2017
- Calvin Pickard will man the crease one more time for the Avalanche April 9th, 2017
- Avalanche asking Calvin Pickard to stop the Blackhawks April 4th, 2017