Mark Scheifele racks up three points in Jets' rout
Winnipeg Jets center Mark Scheifele scored a goal and added two assists in the Jets' 6-1 slaughter of the visiting Toronto Maple Leafs Wednesday night.
The Jets scored six unanswered goals in this one after Toronto took a 1-0 lead at 2:09 of the first period. Drew Stafford also had a productive night with two goals, his eighth and ninth of the season. Bryan Little chipped in with his team-high 10th goal of the season. Andrew Ladd (seventh) and Anthony Peluso (first) notched the other Winnipeg goals. The Jets entered the game on a 3-8-1 slide. They played 10-of-14 games on the road in November, winning only two.
Scheifele increased his season points total to 16 with nine goals and seven assists. We project him to score 13 more goals and dish out 21 more assists over the remainder of the season. That would give him 50 points on the season, which would be a new career high.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Jets starting Connor Hellebuyck against the Canucks October 12th, 2017
- Connor Hellebuyck starting in goal for Winnepeg on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Steve Mason starting between the pipes in Winnipeg's season-opener October 4th, 2017
- Eric Comrie set to make first career start as Jets square off with Columbus April 6th, 2017
- Michael Hutchinson to start in goal for Jets on Tuesday April 4th, 2017
- Jets rolling with Michael Hutchinson as they host the Ducks March 30th, 2017