Dalvin Cook's (knee) Week 1 role for Vikings uncertain
Minnesota Vikings running back Dalvin Cook's (knee) role for Week 1 against the San Francisco 49ers is uncertain, offensive coordinator John DeFilippo said.
"We’re not sure yet. We're going to see how it goes," DeFilippo admitted. "There’s nothing that hasn’t told us that he can’t carry the load. If there’s something that during the game that comes up where he needs a blow or needs to come out of the game then we’ll handle that situation." Latavius Murray may steal some touches and could even vulture a score, but this seems more like deceptive rhetoric than anything else. Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer stated Wednesday that the second-year back is "ready to roll."
Cook is the RB9 in numberFire's Week 1 fantasy rankings. We expect him to score 14.8 FanDuel points at a cost of $7,300, with 80.8 rushing yards and 0.54 touchdowns on 19.2 carries, in addition to 20.8 yards and 0.03 scores on 2.8 receptions.
- Buccaneers sign Ndamukong Suh to 1-year deal May 21st, 2019
- Patriots reportedly extend Julian Edelman through 2021 May 21st, 2019
- Carson Wentz will be full participant in Eagles' OTAs May 21st, 2019
- Buccaneers release Gerald McCoy May 21st, 2019
- Texans reportedly release tight end Ryan Griffin on Friday May 17th, 2019
- Cardinals' Patrick Peterson reportedly suspended 6 games for PEDs May 16th, 2019
- Anthony Barr reportedly staying in Minnesota March 12th, 2019
- Kirk Cousins projected to throw for 270 yards for Minnesota on Sunday December 29th, 2018
- Xavier Rhodes (groin) questionable for Minnesota in Week 17 December 28th, 2018
- Xavier Rhodes (groin) not practicing again Thursday for Vikings December 27th, 2018
- Kirk Cousins throws for a pair of touchdowns to lead Minnesota past Miami December 17th, 2018
- Adam Thielen bottled up for 2 catches in Vikings' victory December 17th, 2018